Monday, November 12, 2012

This is our last year of homeschooling. We started in April of 1992 and will finish this coming summer. Our youngest moved with a family to Idaho so I find myself with the dreaded empty nest. For months I struggled with depression and a little anxiety as I was trying to figure out what to do with my time. I listed my talents, needs, health, dreams, and family goals. Out of those months came a desire to start a home business so that I could combine my love of fabric with a way to make an income and help out. So, very cautiously, I am going to launch a new business in January. I'm excited to say the least. In the mean time, hubby and I discovered several years ago that we have a love of hiking! We have camped for years but didn't know that we loved to hike. We are now planning an overnight campout with a 28 mile hike involved. Yesterday, we scouted out hiking gear at Bass Pro. I think I'm the only wife in the world that enjoys going to Lowe's or Bass Pro on a date. The empty nest isn't easy and I miss my daughters so much. But, I've found a creative outlet and have been busily enjoying the renewed romance that comes from an empty nest. Hubby and I find that we really enjoy each other's company. So here's to a new era in our lives!!

No comments: